You will need:
- 2x clean cans.
- Acrylic paint and double-sided tape.
- Paper with your desired pattern or stamp(s) for decorating. Ink-pad in any color and a sponge (I used Distress vintage photo and antique linen, and a clear stamp from KaiserCraft).
- Ribbons, lace, pearls or other embellishments.
- Polish the outside lightly with sandpaper, this makes the paint stick to the can.
- Paint them with acrylic paint in any color (I used charcoal grey). Tip: Dab paint on with a sponge to create a textured surface.
- Take a piece of paper that’s long enough to cover the circumference of the can. Decorate your paper by drawing or stamping a pattern you like, or use a patterned paper if you prefer.
- Give the paper a torn edge: gently tear off a strip on each of the long sides of the paper and ink the edges using ink and a sponge. Glue the paper to the can with double-sided tape ( a strip on the inside of each end of the paper will do). Embellish with ribbons, lace, pearls etc.
- Fill your candle-holders about 3/4 full with sand, stones or coffee beans before putting your tea-light on top.